On December 16, 2013, the Keene ISD Board of Trustees approved a Limited Open Enrollment Program for non-resident students who desire to attend class in Keene ISD. There is no required tuition or payment. Approval of Limited Open Enrollment will be based on the following:
- The current enrollment at the particular grade level or class as well as any special program requirement of the student seeking admission. Consideration shall include the effect of additional students in that grade or program, facilities, staffing needs and the education opportunity of resident students.
- The disciplinary record of the student seeking admission.
- The attendance record of the student seeking admission.
- The academic record of the student seeking admission including the student’s performance on applicable statemandated assessments, and/or standardized test (ITBS, etc.) the student’s record of promotion to the next grade level and the student’s extracurricular record.
- The parent’s compliance with District and Campus policies and regulations. The board approved language regarding student transfers can be found at FDA (LOCAL).